Untethered: Overcome Distraction, Build Healthy Digital Habits, and Use Tech to Create a Life You Love
(as of Sep 29,2022 17:29:19 UTC – Details)
The average person consumes over twelve hours of media per day. Eighty-eight percent of Americans feel uneasy leaving their phone at home. It is all too common to hear that our technology has taken over our lives. But what if the problem isn’t your smartphone, but just the way you’re using it?
After a lifelong struggle with digital dependency, Sini quit his job at Apple to live in a van and begin a long journey toward freedom from technology. But in the process, he learned that the key to inner peace was not found in removing technology from his life, but in rethinking his relationship with it. Along the way, he spoke with countless industry experts, attended intensive meditation retreats, and became a certified Digital Wellness Educator. The tools he discovered were so transformative that sharing them with the world has become his personal mission.
In this groundbreaking and practical new guide to digital freedom, tech-guru-turned-wellness-instructor Sini Ninkovic argues that there are counterintuitive mindsets and methods for transforming your relationship with technology – and your life along with it. Untethered will guide you along a journey to improve your relationships with your digital devices, the people in your life, and most importantly, yourself. It will teach you to:
- Take control of your attention span and put an end to endless distractions
- Defeat FOMO and stop social media from hijacking your emotions
- Quit using your devices to procrastinate the important things in your life
- Establish healthy boundaries with your emails, apps, and notifications
- Resist misinformation and manipulation from advertisers
- Prevent online shopping, gaming, and gambling from depleting your time and savings
- Discover dozens of digital tools to make you more productive
- Pursue a path of self-realization that goes beyond the digital and into the spiritual
This book will help you redefine your routines, develop healthier digital habits, and live a more fulfilled life in control of your attention. It will show how your smartphone and the apps on it can captivate you, how you can “upgrade” your mind to move away from this dependency, and the novel tools that will help you regain control over your habitual smartphone usage to create a more fulfilled future.
From the Publisher
ASIN : B09FRLYZGT
Publisher : Independently published (September 8, 2021)
Language : English
Paperback : 226 pages
ISBN-13 : 979-8473055993
Item Weight : 14.2 ounces
Dimensions : 6 x 0.51 x 9 inches